Let the jewel-like sparkle of this sculptural Galileo Thermometer adorn your home while displaying the laws of thermodynamics. Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642) invented the thermoscope, the world's first instrument indicating changes of temperature.
Today, modern science has perfected a 400-year-old principle and created a work of art. This 17" tall glass cylinder wall hanging Galileo is available with the ever-popular multi-color spheres in a solid oak frame.
The five fluid-filled glass globes descend as temperature rises, and ascend as temperature falls. Each one represents a 4°F temperature increment. You read the current temperature by looking at the lowest globe of those grouped at the top of the cylinder.
- Solid Oak Wood Frame
- 5 Fluid Filled Glass Globes
- Temperature Range: 64°F to 80°F
- 4° Fahrenheit Temperature Increments
- Dimensions of glass: 17 in. (43.1 cm) length, 2 in. (5.1 cm) diameter
- Dimensions of frame: 18.25 x 2.25 x 4.25 in. (46.3 x 5.7 x 10.8 cm)
- Made in Germany